View a Digital CV
If you have been sent a code to access and view a Digital CV, please complete the form below.
The app this CV has been prepared on is intuitive and has simplified language, allowing users to upload evidence of their work experience and skills through simplified text, Makaton, photos and videos.
The app allows students to select key words to describe themselves – soft, personal skills such as ‘I am kind and caring’, and also specific achievements relating to the skills they have gained in their curriculum pathway area. Users will also be able to show video mock interviews, references and upload certificates and photos.
The app then generates a personalised pdf CV that you, as a potential employer or work placement provider, can view. You will find links to videos and photographs uploaded by the user. Using this app is a really valuable tool to show you what the user can do, when they might find it difficult to explain during an interview situation.
If you’ve received a unique code to view a candidate’s CV, please enter it below:
Q1: How can I as an employer give an individual with learning difficulties or disabilities the chance to work?
Q2: Are there any regulations I need to be aware of as an employer supporting an individual with learning difficulties or disabilities?
• Equality Act 2010 – http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2010/15/contents
Q3: Where can I get support for employing an individual with learning difficulties or disabilities?
- Supported Internship/Employment:
- Preparing For Adulthood – https://www.preparingforadulthood.org.uk/downloads/supported-internships/answering-some-frequently-asked-questions-about-supported-internships.htm
- Gov.uk – https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/supported-internships-for-young-people-with-learning-difficulties
- Derwen College, Shropshire – O1691 661234
- Volunteering Matters: https://volunteeringmatters.org.uk/pillars/disabled-people
- National Autistic Society – https://www.autism.org.uk/
- Mencap – https://www.mencap.org.uk/
- Disability Rights UK (also part of Mencap) – https://www.mencap.org.uk/mencap-cymru/mencap-cymru-our-resources-and-guides
- Base – https://www.base-uk.org/learning-disabilities
- Remploy – https://www.remploy.co.uk/employers/resources/z-disabilities/learning-disabilities
- British Institute of Learning Disabilities – http://www.bild.org.uk
Q4: What would I do if I had a problem?
Q5: What is Derwen College's Information Advice & Guidance (IAG) Strategy?
Derwen College’s Information Advice & Guidance (IAG) Strategy